Screen Lock by Finger Taps 2.0
Now, you can protect and (un)lock your phone using your "Big" and "Small" finger taps.
This is TapLock, a screen lock tool that captures your fingers' bio-metric features for shoulder-surfing resistance and/or anti-peeper protection.
- TapLock is based on "Finger Taps", rather than finger prints (actually, the phone screen cannot recognize/distinguish the finger prints).
- TapLock may not work well with Samsung Galaxy S3, Note II.
HOW TO SET UP PIN:
- Install and open TapLock on your Android phone
- First, intentionally press the "small" circle with a "light" finger tap/press,
- Then, intentionally press the "big" circle with a "heavy" finger tap/press; a phone vibration is triggered by a big tap
- Thirdly, set up each digit of your PIN, and in the meanwhile assign each digit with a small or big tap label by pressing lightly or heavily.
- A phone vibration implies that a 'big' tap is pressed.
- Press "OK" to save the PIN, and quit the app.
HOW TO UNLOCK PHONE:
- First, you need to remember the PIN digits and the small/big pattern of the PIN.
- To unlock, simply repeating the correct PIN digits and the correct small/big pattern of the PIN.
- A phone vibration occurs whenever a 'big' tap is pressed, which gives you the hint about whether the current input is a big tap.
Our preliminary user study shows that TapLock provides a 100% protection of your PIN from shoulder-surfing attacks, because it is difficult for an observer to correctly memorize your PIN and perceive the pattern of small/big taps at the same time.